Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Television Therapy

Some times I wish I had studied something to do with human emotions. Something like psychology or at least medicine where I would maybe understand the workings of the human brain, instead I studied Economics where the closest you get to feeling anything is sympathy to the several poor you get to study about!

So considering how little I have learnt about emotions, I realise most of what I know about them, I have learnt  off T.V. So I'll share some of my lessons from my best teacher, the television:

1. Time heals pain, nothing else does - How I met your mother, When Ted had just had a break up and they all kept trying to cheer him up, well only time worked!

2. Acknowledge your pain, allow yourself to feel it then move on - Brothers and Sisters. Nora's advice to Kitty when Kitty calls in to her radio show about losing Robert.

3. Revenge can be really cool, seeing someone that hurt you, hurt at least for a while. <Almost every episode of Gossip Girl>

4. Sometimes bad stuff just has to happen - Criminal Minds <Almost every episode here but especially when Hotch loses his ex wife, still feel the pain!>

5. People always say more about what they are feeling with their actions than with their speech. Lie to me - For example someone says 'yes' while they shake their head in a 'No' motion!

No comments:

Post a Comment