Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Following Oprah's advice

I was watching Oprah's 20th Anniversary collection of her best shows and there's this one where she talks about keeping a gratitude diary. With a gratitude diary your supposed to write five things your grateful for everyday, and if there more than five, that's even better. The idea is that even when you have a lousy day you end up focusing on looking for the best things in your day and therefore focusing on the positive. On the show there was a couple that had been married 40 years, they started gratitude diaries for each other and from the time they started writing them, it brought the best out of both of them. So, following Oprah's advice, I will write my own gratitude diary, for umm yesterday:

1. I am grateful that I managed to complete the work that has been bugging me for a while and handed it in and now am free.
2. I am grateful that there's someone that cares even though am really difficult to handle sometimes.
3. I am grateful that after looking for a job for so long, I have one.
4. I am grateful that I can always go home to dependable TV shows that take away the loneliness I would otherwise feel.
5. I am grateful that I have new stuff cause my birthday was Sunday.

Ok, the list wasn't as easy to make as I expected but there's a start and there's many more to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment