Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Me and My Music

In my struggle for non conformity, I can't seem to like one genre of my music. Don't know how normal or abnormal it is but I actually like songs from almost every category imaginable. Well on the other hand I could blame glee, So you think you can dance, Idols, X Factor and all those shows I watch that make me like a song. And with that I present my current top 20 and my inspiration to like the song, I warned you already, with me almost anything goes...

20. Ain't no mountain high enough -  Marvin Gaye, Tammi Terrell. Well, Marvin Gaye has me from 'Listen baby...' no need to say more. 

19. For once in my life - Steve Wonder. I think I love this song because I relate, every once in a while everyone feels like maybe for the first time in their lives, there's someone that's theirs...



 18. Fireflies - Owl city, Something about this song so sweet, the tune I think and it reminds me of that little guy in 'So you think you can dance' that danced to this song. It was so moving...Also I have a thing for geek- ish white guy songs!



17. Lost - Anouk - I don't know anyone that knows this song, unless Ive told them about it, all the same, beautiful lyrics, beautiful song!

16. Oh what a night - Mr. Vegas Ft Jackie- I like his spin on the classic and yea, dancehall beats.

15. Fix you - Cold play No explanations, I simply like the song.


14. Hey there Delilah - Plain White T. Well about half the guys that audition for idols sing this song, Ive heard so many versions but am still not sick of it. And yes, once again, the geeky white guy thing :) with a black guy too




13. Lucky - Jason Mraz and Colbie Caillat. Corny, I know but the whole in love with a best friend thing gets me.

12. Defying Gravity - From Wicked - Glee made me like this. Also, considering Kurt's my favourite Glee character. Made me get the original one and I think its AMAZING!!

11. Jay Sean - Down (Candle Light Remix) This remix is so much slower than the one I was used to and I love it.

10. Cookie Jar - Gym class heroes, I really hate myslef for liking this song with the meaning and all but can't help it, it's catchy.



 8.Bruno Mars - Who is - I just love this guy, I do, i do <3










 7. Bruno Mars - Grenade - Love him, love the lyrics, love the song, love everything!








6. Rule the World - Take that - starts in a very captivating way
 
5. Imagine  - The Beatles..I kind of freak myself out for liking the beatles cause Ive been made to believe they were against God or something, don't even know how true that is but I do.

4. I wanna hold your hand - The Beatles, I watched the video and it looks like it existed before the Beatles did, either way I like this song, think it can be redone into something really cool.

3. Take my heart - Cecile -Grown on me, reggae diva


2. Pretty girl rock - Keri Hilson -what can I say, I do the pretty gal rock :)

 And my current number one, drum roll please....Its:

1. Peace Reign - Busy Signal - After being anti reggae, he changed my mind. This song calms me no matter whats going on, love the message and it makes me love this guy. Plus I like the person that made me like the song :)

4 comments:

  1. im downloading all these now...:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beli, wanted 2 like ur comment then realised I cnt do that here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jan!!! well like they say music is poetry
    and your taste is deep
    but fix you by coldplay is my top

    ReplyDelete
  4. June, am crazy abt Fix you as well, please follow my blog!

    ReplyDelete